[ct-user] LPT Keying Cable Problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] LPT Keying Cable Problem
From: Frank Grossman <71042.1303@compuserve.com> (Frank Grossman)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 00:20:10 -0400
Hi Rich...

>>I use a W1WEF interface to key my IC-765 from a printer port while running
CT and/or DX4WIN. It works just fine for me. My computer is a Dell Dimension
XPS T450.<<

Thanks!  Since it works for you, I know there's nothing fundamentally
incompatible between the IC-765 and the interface.

>>I think there must be something different about your printer port than
others, perhaps a configuration problem?<<

I've tried two different -486 computers with CT 9, and even tried my old -XT
clone with CT 7--same results. It's unlikely that all three machines have the
same configuration problem.

>> The W1WEF interfaces are generally bullet-proof. You probably need on-site
help to figure it out. Good luck.<<

I haven't found anyone yet with enough experience who can drop over and look
at the problem.

>>P.S. I just had a thought. Are the W1WEF interfaces wired different for COM
ports and LPT ports? Maybe you shouldn't expect it to work?<<

I don't think that's it.  I'm using the N3JT interface, referred to in the CT
manual, on com2.

73,
Frank