[ct-user] LPT Keying Cable? Problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] LPT Keying Cable? Problem
From: Frank Grossman <71042.1303@compuserve.com> (Frank Grossman)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 00:23:30 -0400
Dallas...And everyone else...

It works!!!

Dallas, your suggestions turned out to be the winners.  My Dad, Harry, W2LOZ
did the voltage measurements you suggested and found that the keying was
negative when it should have been positive.  We reversed it and began keying
correctly.

It looks like the keying should, in fact, be positive on the com ports, too,
but N3JT's interface isn't fussy.

Special thanks also to N4ZR for his detailed suggestions, and to K2QMF who
invited us over to his shack last Sunday morning to work on the problem.

And thanks to everyone on the list who offered suggestions or just put up
with reading this thread day in and day out for...well...months? -s-

73,
Frank