[ct-user] DVP won't work in DOS 7.1 (W98SE)

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] DVP won't work in DOS 7.1 (W98SE)
From: William F. Santelmann, Jr." <n1au@rcn.com (William F. Santelmann, Jr.)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:20:53 -0400
I have just found that my DVP no longer works in DOS 7.1 from Windows
98SE. The "ramdrive.sys" command has been eliminated in DOS 7.1 and it
will no longer set up a ram disk for DVP. Strange, because I thought it
was working in DOS 7.1 until I started "perfecting" the computer for the
upcoming CQWW. Yes, I am booting directly to DOS 7.1 without loading
W98SE.

Am I missing something? Should I try to dual-boot in DOS 6.22 for
CT/DVP? How is that done?

Thanks es 73!

Bill N1AU
n1au@rcn.com