[ct-user] DVP won't work in DOS 7.1 (W98SE)

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] DVP won't work in DOS 7.1 (W98SE)
From: William F. Santelmann, Jr." <n1au@rcn.com (William F. Santelmann, Jr.)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:27:16 -0400
My thanks to Pete N4ZR, Wil DJ7AA, and Dan WR0DK for their helpful
messages. As Dan correctly pointed out, "ramdrive.sys" is still to be
found in DOS7.1 and still works if loaded correctly in CONFIG.SYS. I had
not included the "Device=" part and so it didn't load! I then looked to
the W98SE documentation that said "ramdrive.sys" was deleted and
panicked!

So let me retract my statement! DVP DOES WORK IN DOS 7.1 (W98SE) as well
as ever with its ramdisk. Sorry to raise a false alarm!!

73, and happy contesting,

Bill   N1AU
n1au@rcn.com