[ct-user] Re:CT<-MP freq reporting

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re:CT<-MP freq reporting
From: Tony <ad6id@arrl.net> (Tony)
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 19:12:27 -0800
Hi All,
   Neither TRX-Manager nor Log-EQF have any problem tracking frequency changes
on my FT1000MP. They poll it frequently; it doesn't send info unsolicited.

   I had trouble getting CT9.50 and CT9.40 to follow my MP's frequency changes
even when (properly) booted to DOS. They could command the MP to change bands
but would zero the band stack register to the bottom of the CW band. I wound up
getting CT9.40 to behave in a WIN98 DOS window - it followed the MP fine
throughout CQWW SSB as long as we did all freq/band changes via the MP.
   I haven't a clue about the misbehavior. I had no network, voice keyer, (or
CW keyer) so I wouldn't take this as a DOS window endorsement - just a lucky
workaround on the day before the contest.
  After the contest, I used CT9.51 to create the Cabrillo output.

cheers & 73, Tony
Tony Armendariz, AD6ID
ad6id@arrl.net
FISTS 3535   WPSS  ARRL