[ct-user] BANDMAP #$@!

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] BANDMAP #$@!
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:08:01 -0500
At 06:37 AM 11/28/00 -0800, Mike Gilmer - N2MG wrote:

>My guess is all radio/PC communications were busted because you
>accidentally choose Radio2 when you didn't have one.  One of CT's most
>troubling "features" is that it allows you to attempt to toggle control to
>a radio you already told it wasn't there in "setups".  CT also let's you
>try to rotate rotators that aren't "setup", but this causes no trouble.

Consider the following scenario:

Single-op, 2 radios.  Only Radio1 is interfaced to CT via the COM port
(Radio2 is a TS830, for example).  The operator wants to work and log
something on radio 2.

1.  Does s/he type ALT-. to switch radios?
2.  For Radio 2, do ALT-F1/F2 change bands properly?

I can't see any other way to properly log 2nd radio QSOs in this scenario
unless both #1 and #2 above are true.

So I guess the real question is, does ANYONE really do this?  If not, then
I can see it being safe to disable ALT-. when there is no 2nd radio.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
http://www.ad1c.com/