[ct-user] BANDMAP #$@!

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] BANDMAP #$@!
From: Tony Osman" <aosman@home.com (Tony Osman)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:22:09 -0500
There does appears to be something with the TS850. I was operating from
VE3DC with an 850 as the run station with CT.  When inadvertently selecting
the band map with Alt -> , when I really had wanted to enter the callout
window (Cntrl ->) I then found that when I exited the band map with Alt
comma, then I could enter the callout window, grab the spot - the call was
placed in the callsign field correctly, but the rig would not change freq.
In addition, there was no control of frequency anymore.  I had to restart
several times for this.  I did notice at least once that it came back by
itself (after me trying a number of different things - exiting callout,
bringing up band map, exiting band map, re-entering callout - sequence of
which was unknown), however, most times, I had to exit the program and
re-run.  I did not reboot most times (think I had to do so once or twice).
Although the freq control had gone, there was still normal operation of the
program, packet spots still showing etc.

Hope the above is useful, still is a great program.

73 de Tony, ve3rz