[ct-user] KH6/KL7 problem in 10 meter contest

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] KH6/KL7 problem in 10 meter contest
From: Ed Parish, K1EP" <k1ep@arrl.net (Ed Parish, K1EP)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:58:10 -0500
At 11:47 AM 12/11/2000 -0600, Gary Yantis wrote:

>There were several postings over the weekend including one from me saying
>that "AK" and "HI" didn't show up as worked even after you worked stations
>in these states.  One posting said CT was apparently counting KH6 and KL7 as
>country multipliers instead of as states.  Since the final score would be
>the same, it didn't seem like a serious problem.  Unfortunately, I
>discovered this morning there is more to it than that.  I was going through
>our log fixing things like KH6DX/M being in W6 and such when I noticed two
>sets of Alaska and Hawaii multipliers for both CW and SSB.  BTW -- if you're
>new to CT, you can fix almost any callsign/wrong location problem with a "="
>command.  For example tell CT to consider KH6DX/M to be in W6 by
>"KH6DX/M=W6".
>
>Apparently, in this contest, the first time you work KH6 or KL7, CT counts
>it as a country then the second time you work that same state it counts it
>as a country.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to all of you like us that
>worked more than one on each mode.  It will cost you a multiplier for each
>of the two once you correct for the CT glitch in your log.

I don't agree with you.  I worked multiple KL7's and KH6's in the contest.  The
first came up as KH6/KL7 respectively, others just as a no mult.  (Okay, I had
to do a WH7K=KH6)  They did not come up as states, as there wasn't a state in
the AR10.DAT file to begin with. I was using 9.53, which version were you using?