[ct-user] KH6/KL7 problem in 10 meter contest

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] KH6/KL7 problem in 10 meter contest
From: Alan C. Zack" <k6acz@earthlink.net (Alan C. Zack)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:07:36 -0800
I used CT ver WIN953 with the latest files downloaded from the CT
vault the day before the contest (Thanks to Jim, AD1C).  After reading
this thread I opened my k6acz.log file in wordpad and did a Control-F
search for HI and AK QSO's.  What I found was that only the first HI
or AK QSO was marked as a new mult, later contacts were not marked as
a new mult.  I only worked SSB so I only got the 2 mults for each of
the first times to work them as it should be.  Also, my first HI QSO
was with KH6GMP so later Q's with NH6, KH7, AH6 didn't mess me up as
they correctly didn't count as mults after working KH6GMP first.  My
first AK Q was with KL7/NO7F and it was correctly shown as a new mult,
later KL7 Q's correctly did not show as a new mult.  What is further
confusing is KH6 and KL7 are shown as DX mults when you check your
contest.mul file but as someone pointed out that won't effect your
final score.  Also confusing that the KH6 and KL7 ops do not give a
serial number as DX stations do but just give AK or HI as the rest of
the states and providences do.  But since a new state and/or a new
country counts the same the first time worked then possibly there
won't be a problem.  My k6acz.txt Cabrillo file doesn't show any
points or score so as Jim suggests the ARRL will just scan the
Cabrillo file and computer score what it reads.
Just my 2 cents worth unless the FL stations I worked want a recount.
73

Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

> At 01:18 PM 12/11/00 -0500, Ed Parish, K1EP wrote:
>
> >I guess I retract my first statement.  I played a bit with it just now and
> >see the problem that was mentioned.  I didn't have the latest AR10.DAT
> >file, as I just added NU to my file at home, so I didn't experience it
> >during the contest.  I noticed that the latest AR10.DAT files have AK and
> >HI in them.  That appears to be what is confusing CT.  First it counts it
> >as a country and then as a state.  Seems that it will do this after you
> >use the = function such as in the QSO below.  Easiest thing for scoring
> >right now would be to remove the HI and AK lines from the AR10.DAT file
> >and just let it score AK and HI as countries.  Doesn't change the score,
> >as they are just mults.
>
> Don't make the change to the AR10.DAT file as was suggested - that is
> clearly NOT how the ARRL rules read for this contest.  Ken can fix the
> program if he chooses.
>
> Don't get so excited about this - ARRL is going to re-score your log
> anyway.  All Cabrillo is supposed to be is your entry class and a list of
> QSOs you made.  While the claimed score is included in your submission,
> it's going to be ignored as soon as the log is read into the computer.
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C
>
> --
> Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
> http://www.ad1c.com/