[ct-user] CT with Ten Tec Omni VI+?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT with Ten Tec Omni VI+?
From: jascott@ix.netcom.com (John Scott)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:13:00 -0500
I encountered this problem last year and reported on it in this reflector.
The factory advises using 2400BPS for the data speed.  They believe in
talking between CT and the radio, the first few bits are getting lost.  I
made the recommended change, and have had no problems whatsoever with my
Omni VI+ working with CT (Version 9.53).  When changing frequencies,
however, use the band buttons on the radio rather than ALT-F1 (or whatever
one uses).   You want the radio to tell CT to change bands, not vice versa.

Unless you are a super speedy operator, you'll find a data rate of 2400
bits/second is far faster than you can operate.

  --John Scott,   K8YC