[ct-user] FT1000(not D or MP) rig interface problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] FT1000(not D or MP) rig interface problem
From: n5nj@gte.net (n5nj@gte.net)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:24:23 -0500
OK - given that it DOES work with TR,

Then the cable would be a good start for a problem as TR is very tolerant of
not having all of the handshaking in place whereas CT is more finicky.

The other potential problem if it was not the cable could be that the IRQ of
the serial ports could have a problem with a conflict.  Again, TR is more
tolerant in this area too.

But as you say you tried your own computer which I presume works fine
elsewhere, this points more to the cable as the culprit.

73,

Bob N5NJ