[ct-user] Re: CT Default Bin File

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re: CT Default Bin File
From: k6acz@earthlink.net (Alan C. Zack)
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 18:43:03 -0800
Hi Paul,
I certainly am no CT expert and most likely am getting in over my head here,
but I don't think you can do what you want to do by only using a "blank" (no
QSO's logged) .BIN file.  The reason I say this is because the .BIN file info
has to be different for each contest (CQWWDX, WPX, ARRL DX, IARU, etc) so it
will log and score correctly.  But if you only use CT for ONE type of
contest, say the CQWWDX, then maybe it is OK.
To change the example info in the .CFG to your situation you must first
delete what is the current data/info then place your data/info on the
associated line.
Hopefully someone smarter than me will jump in here and bail me out.
Hope this helps.
73 and Happy Holidays.

Paul WR1X wrote:

> Good morning Alan,
>
> I've already have the CT.CFG file configured to my location and operating
> setup, SSB, No rotor, TNC Com and the rest of the settings that can remain
> in the CFG file.
>
> Alan, I'll explain that I'm totally blind and have created a setting file
> for my screen reader that has CT speaking very nicely to me with about as
> much as I need for contesting.  I have it doing a nice job of announcing the
> status of the call after hitting the space bar, needed call mult or dupe.  I
> also use the packet window and the announce or callout window.
> The only two screens I've got trouble to get it to read is the first one
> that is the CFG file plus contest type and more.  The real difficult problem
> is to get it to read in the areas where you arrow up and down to make
> choices, contest type category and a few more.  The other screen that gives
> me trouble is the comm setup where you select device and baud rate on which
> comport.
> The message I'm looking for mentioned having a default bin file with all the
> info entered in for one contest and not changing the settings but renaming
> the file to be used for that contest.  I may have that wrong, but if I have
> a default file nothing would need to be changed except to copy that file as
> the new file name for the particular contest.  I think it was mentioned
> about going into the contest the first time without the -NOW and changing
> the contest info, but the comm info wouldn't need to be touched.
> I of course would create several default bin files for each of the contest
> and have it ready to copy as new file name and then just edit the *.bat
> file.
>
> I think I've explained it pretty good, if you have any further questions
> I'll be glad to answer them.
>
> 73 and good luck as well as Have a Happy Holiday Season,
>
> Paul  WR1X

                          Amateur Radio Station K6ACZ
                     Anaheim, Southern California, USA
                Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
                              SEMPER PARATUS