[ct-user] CT and Byte Runner Serial Port cards

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT and Byte Runner Serial Port cards
From: jvevans@his.com (John Vaughan Evans)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 21:02:52 -0500
I am trying to set up CT (Version 9.67) to manage two radios via a "Byte
Runner" serial-port expansion card running under DOS in an older 486 PC.
The serial ports (Com1 and Com2) that came with the computer are used
for the mouse and the TNC, respectively. The Byte Runner card (model
400-PRO-9) provides four additional ports, and I am using two of these
to talk to the radios. These two ports (Port 1 and Port 2) are
configured as Com 3 and Com 4. Accordingly, the TSRs are loaded as :-
                     Comtsr1 -p4 -b4800 -n82 -i5
                     Comtsr2 -p2 -b2400 -n81 -i3
                     Comtsr3 -p3 -b4800 -n82 -i10
                     DVPTSR
 Computer control is achieved only for the radio connected to Com 3.
(You can swap the cable and whichever radio is connected to Com 3 is
under computer control.) I have tried swapping IRQs, making them both 5
(or 10), but nothing seems to get the radio connected to Com 4 under
computer control. I previously had computer control of both radios using
an older serial port expansion card that provided one extra port, and
swapping the mouse out for the second radio, so I can't see why CT
should be at fault. Anyone got any ideas about what I might be doing
wrong?

John, N3HBX.