[ct-user] FT-1000D - NOT - No Communication

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] FT-1000D - NOT - No Communication
From: vlippert@smig.net (Vernon "Bill" Lippert)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:04:55 -0600
Jim,

I haven't had any problem with CT communicating with my FT-1000D since I got
the rig a few years back.  Did learn some important things when first
setting the system up.

First the communication parameters:

The COMTSR parameters should be right after the TSR you load are:
    -b4800 -n82

Likewise in CT set the designated comport to 4800 baud.

If this has been done then the question is are you using the Yaesu FIF-232C
CAT Interface?  If this is the case and depending on which production lot
you have, there may be 2 - 10K pull up resistors that you may need to remove
from the circuit.  This is shown on the schematic with the unit.  They are
R1 & R2 which connect to pins 5 & 6 on the plug for the RS-232 cable.  I and
another local ham had to cut these to get the communication working
properly.

Once all the above was done, I have had flawless communication to my
FT-1000D

Bill
AC0W