[ct-user] FW: Require Fuller Description of Switch?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] FW: Require Fuller Description of Switch?
From: kwolff@charter.net (Ken Wolff)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 07:49:55 -0500
Bob,

The -enet switch for CT under DOS is supposed to be "secret." The DOS
version of CT talks to a commercial TCP/IP stack from FTP Software
called PCTCP. The Ethernet is then used for networking between
computers.

PCTCP is what we use at K1AR and KC1XX for networking and has been 100%
reliable. It also allows us to use batch files to update all the
computers very quickly using TFTP, if we need a new country file, or
need to merge the logs.

Unfortunately, FTP Software was acquired by NetManage and PCTCP is no
longer sold or supported.

CTWin uses the IP stack provided by Windows for networking, so -enet is
"public."

- Ken K1EA