[ct-user] DVP callsign function not working

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] DVP callsign function not working
From: kq2m at earthlink.net (Robert Shohet)
Date: Wed Feb 26 09:00:07 2003
Hi Guys,

I noticed this morning that when I hit the INSERT key, the DVP DOES NOT
playback the callsign that I have typed into the log.

This is the first time I can remember this happening, however I suspect that
this may be a symptom of a bigger problem.  I also noticed that the DVP
message recordings that I made under some other keyboard function keys have
become truncated.

Previous recordings                      How they appear now

F1 CQ CONTEST KQ2M KQ2M     CQ CONTEST
F2 59 CONNECTICUT                      59
F3 THANKS KQ2M                           THANKS
F5 played the callsign in the log              silence
F6 CQ CONTEST LISTENING          F6 works just fine

When I type in a callsign in a new log and hit the INSERT or ENTER keys, all
I hear is silence.  All other DVP functions appear normal, the radios are
properly controlled by the computer and the two computers are talking to
each other just fine.

I am running CT version 9.65 on two DOS computers.  The computers and the
bat info and other items have not been changed since the ARRL10 Meter
contest when it worked perfectly.

I am sure that there is a simple answer for this but it eludes me.  can
anyone help with this?

Thanks.

Bob KQ2M