[ct-user] CT - OMNI VI+ settings for either CT or Radio control

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT - OMNI VI+ settings for either CT or Radio control
From: jjreisert at alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Thu Jun 19 08:39:20 2003
[Forwarded on behalf of AB9M.  His posts not making it to the
reflector.  Please reply to the reflector or AB9M@aol.com directly - 73,
Jim AD1C]

From: AB9M@aol.com
To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 23:06:37 EDT

CT - OMNI VI+ settings for either CT or Radio control - AB9M

1. Identify the com port that you will control the OMNI with and use a
terminal program, the cable you will use for the Omni, and a known working
TNC or some other device to confirm two way communication through the com
port and cable.

2. For Windows 98, use the computer's SETTINGS, CONTROL PANEL, SYSTEM
PROPERTIES,  DEVICE MANAGER, PORTS, COM# (whatever number you worked with
above), PROPERTIES, PORT SETTINGS (set to 4800, 8, NONE, 1, NONE), ADVANCED
PORT SETTINGS (set FIFO buffers on and set both receive and transmit to
minimum) then select RESOURCES and note the IRQ and I/O range of the com
port (will be used in next step).

3. Build a LOADTSR# batch file in your CT directory similar to this

REM TSR LOADER FOR OMNI VI
COMTSR3 P3 -B4800 -N81 -I4 -A3E8  (these are my settings for com port 3 you
will have change P for your computer's port number, I for the IRQ, and A
for the I/O value found in step #2)

4. Set the OMNI (menu 2) for bd 4800, C-Id 04, CdE OFF.

5. Put computer in Native DOS (Restart in DOS), connect Com cable between
OMNI VI and Com port

6. Load COMTSRs, Load CT ,  set up Station 1, radio 1 as OMNI VI; and set
communications for COM#  4800 Radio1.

7. CT will now control radio (UP - DOWN BAND, MODE, NUMBERS in Callsign
field). RADIO DOES NOT CONTROL CT!

8. Radio will control CT if CdE ON but CT will not make band / mode changes
with shift / alt - F1/F2

Note: the primary suspects in developing this solution were the comm port's
UART, including FIFO buffer over/under runs, and differences between COMTSR
settings and the actual comm port IRQ and base address.

Your actual settings may vary from mine, but use the relationships between
COMTSR arguments and the Com port speed, interrupt and address should
produce success.

73,

Gary - ab9m@aol.com