[ct-user] CT 9.90 and WAEDC

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT 9.90 and WAEDC
From: k1ttt at arrl.net (David Robbins K1TTT)
Date: Tue Aug 12 17:08:32 2003
I had a guest op running 9.90, another machine on the network was just
making a duplicate log... comments below:

Multi-Single
> from DF0CG using MS-DOS 6.22 and FT-1000D (not MP) in an Ethernet
> configuration with NETTSR. We used Wintelnetx and were connected
> to PI4CC via DSL line for 48 hours.
>
> - QTCs are not sent out to the network correctly.
>   a) Computer 2 incrases its QTC count by 20 when computer 1
>      sends 10 QTCs.

Both computers agreed on qtc and score the whole time.

>   b) The QTCs are not visible on computer 2. When you check
>      for that station, CT says "NO QTC rcvd from..."

both computers knew who had received qtc's

>   c) After restarting computer 2, the QTC count is 0.

Restarting computer 2 still has proper qtc count here.

> - The "*needed mult*" information goes away very quickly
>   (<1 sec). Also the "NO QTC rcvd from..." information
>   shows up only for a few milliseconds. This seems to
>   be influenced by radio control because here at
>   home without a radio connected there is no such problem.

This is known problem with those 'bottom line' messages.

> - The software was generally a little unstable. We had about
>   20 crashes total over 48 hours. The system just froze,
>   sometimes even in the middle of keying CW. It happened
>   only every few hours, never in a short sequence.
>   Maybe also a local problem at DF0CG.

Both machines ran here for 48 hours with no restarts.

> - After restarting, VFOs A and B are switched by CT. We
>   had to press A<>B to get back on the correct frequency.

We didn't restart so may not have seen that.  This may depend on your
radio type.  If you can reproduce it put in the specifics as a bug
report.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net