Re: [ct-user] CT 9.92.001 Slow down

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT 9.92.001 Slow down
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:45:20 -0500
My personal recommendations for memory:

        Win95/98 - 128MB or more
        WinNT/2K - 256MB or more
        WinXP - 512MB or more

I am looking at my WinXP PC right now with 512MB of RAM. I am running only DX4WIN, Eudora and a web browser. Only 160MB of the original 512MB is available. Windows will tend to use all the memory you give it, so give it plenty!

Finally, it's getting harder and harder to find memory to upgrade older machines. If memory prices drop and you can afford it, stock up your current machine to at least 256MB and better yet 512MB - you won't be sorry!

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC