Re: [ct-user] Support for NAQP - Wanted ???

To: "K4OJ Jim White" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Support for NAQP - Wanted ???
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 00:21:42 -00
> From: Jim White, K4OJ <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>

> Oh that's right - these are hams... now that Ken has made CT freeware
> you want him to add more contests to it too so you do not have to buy
> anything... but, you will spend thousands for a transceiver... now that
> it is necessary to spend money in order to have software for a contest
> CT does not support there is an issue... c'mon.

Jim,

I paid around $85 back many years ago for CT.  I'm at a loss to figure why
Ken made CT freeware, and I told him so when he made the announcement.  In
fact, if he re-instated a price for the version 10.0 I'd be near the head
of the line to purchase it again.

Am I glad he's adding more contests?.  You better believe I'm happy about
that, and it has nothing to do with being cheap.  It has to do with
confidence in a product which simply just works and works and works without
any fuss or question.  Over the years I have spent hundreds of dollars on
competitive products, more 'modern' products, and even tried some of the
highly touted freeware out there.  I keep coming back to CT because it
works best for me.

So please get off your high horse, and recognize that most of us buy, use,
and support products for *our* reasons, not for reasons you invent in order
to make your point.

73 and Merry Christmas (or whatever you prefer to celebrate),

de Hans, K0HB