Re: [ct-user] Support for NAQP - Wanted ???

To: N7MAL <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Support for NAQP - Wanted ???
From: "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:41:13 -0500
N7MAL wrote:

This is so far out of line it is disgusting:
"Oh that's right - these are hams... now that Ken has made CT freeware
you want him to add more contests to it too so you do not have to buy
anything... but, you will spend thousands for a transceiver... now that
it is necessary to spend money in order to have software for a contest
CT does not support there is an issue... c'mon."

I've been, as have the majority on this list, been a registered user since
the late 80's. I, like many others, have asked for NAQP support and
understand why it's not available. So we use other software, but we don't
degrade legitimate CT users.

I, for one,  think an apology is in order and would suggest future postings
by K4OJ be screened for appropriate content.

I am an opinionated SOB, that is correct.

And along with that comes being criticized.

However, I will not apologize to any ham who gets on the ham bands on my frequency and sends (in a chirpy note I might add)

LID de N7MAL

...as he has done in the past few months when he has heard my call on the air.

N7MAL and I had a disagreement, on one of the reflectors, he has slandered my name and he has decided it is best to slam me whenever he can as some sort of vendetta... fine.

As much as I would love to irritate the hell out of him by not responding to this post from him I cannot.

I apologize to the reflector subscribers for your having to view this display, I do not apologize to any users of CT "legitimate" or not for my earlier comments.

Basically those comments were on the order of "hams are cheap", based on what I feel are some of the motivations for others desiring other contest's support from K1EA.

K1EA gave us computer logging, others have followed... but, still there is no better overall package than Ken's... I am sad he has made it freeway as there will undoubtedly be those who moan and gripe about non supported contests rather than thanking him for making their quality of life better by bringing logging computers into our shacks.