Re: [ct-user] CT Clock

To: "Gus Samuelson" <gussam@roadrunner.nf.net>,<ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT Clock
From: Ed Parish K1EP <k1ep@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:47:35 -0500
This is usually the problem in CQWW Phone, when we switch to (or is it from)
Daylight Savings Time.  If you have booted the machine directly into DOS, it
should just be a factor of the computer's clock.  What you may find is that the
battery that runs the clock in your computer is on the way out.  You might want
to check that.  Even with a decent battery, my 486 CT machine would lose
several minutes during a weekend.  What I decided to do this contest was
network that machine to another machine that was running CTWIN in Win98SE that
also had a NTP (network time protocol) client.  The program would automatically
adjust the time within seconds.  I set the CTWIN to be station 1, so that it
would propagate the time to the other machine.  Worked great.  As a bonus, you
have a backup on the CTWIN computer.