Re: [ct-user] CT Clock

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT Clock
From: K4SB <k4sb@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:56:41 +0000
> end of the contest  was outta sync with regular UTC  on the computer....
> wonder if this is  something new ... have  never experienced this before
> Time on Computer  when not running CT  is   correct  while in CT  was about
> an hour > fast towards the end.  any known reason or fix   for same   ?

> VO1MP
> Gus
I've never run into this problem, but I make it a habit to resync the
clock in Windows after I shut down for awhile.

As I think I have mentioned, I also have a spare HD with only MSDOS
6.22 and other DOS programs like CT on it. I just install a switch on
the rear panel of the computer, and route the red wire which normally
goes to the power connector on the HD to that switch and then to the
HD. If the switch is off, the HD is invisible. If on, WIN98SE sees the
main HD and the MSDOS HD. It's easy enough to make a startup disk for
6.22 and do the initial boot from that disk with the 6.22 drive on.
Then, it's just a matter of going into CT. But, the end of the story
is I can sync the time on MSDOS and CT never seems to drop a second.

Maybe a crazy run around, but you only need a very small HD. To MSDOS,
a 4GB HD looks
big!

Hope this helps.

73