[ct-user] Beta Testers wanted for bootable CD which runs CT in aram disk

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] Beta Testers wanted for bootable CD which runs CT in aram disk
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 22:18:33 +0000
Good day, all:

I am going to create a bootable CD with FreeDOS and CT10 on it.
I will configure it with a RAM disk as well.  I'd like beta testers
for this.  You will probably want to have a USB stick, disk partition
accessable from DOS, or a floppy drive to save the logs on.  This CD
will allow you to run from RAM, but if you lose power you could lose
your log.

You will be able to stick the CD into a modern computer, boot,
and be running CT immediately without affecting the hard drive
at all.  By the way, many new computers have a few megabytes
of unused space.  You can create a FAT16 partition in this space
and use that for the logs without repartitioning your disk at all.
If you want to try this, also let me know.

If you are willing to beta test this, please let me know.
I don't have a station set up, so I can't test it with a real radio
and real CW keying.

73,

Mark, KD4D