[ct-user] help, usb to lpt

To: ct-user@contesting.com, sv1eng eer <sv1eng@raag.org>
Subject: [ct-user] help, usb to lpt
From: antonis parashis <sv1eng@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:39:00 -0800 (PST)
recently I decided to upgrade to a better notebook,
but couldn't imagine that I wouldn't solve my
problems, instead create new ones!
My new notebook doesn't have any rs232 or lpt ports.
Instead of them it has 4 usb's. I thought that there
are several usb to everything cables in market so I
bought it and began the ham software moving procedure
from my desktop.
I looked for a usb to lpt cable in e-bay and bought
one (y-120 from
http://www.cable-world.com/eng/y-120.htm ) which
finally didn't make the Ct to key. Probably that
happened because it isn't a usb to LPT but actually a
usb parallel printer only cable. So I can't find a way
to work the ct as I used to.
I despaired when I read that the ct for win does not
support cw keying even from com ports.
What can I do except waiting for a newer version with
com cw key support?
thanks.
Antonis sv1eng

ANTONIS SV1ENG