Re: [ct-user] CY9SS AND RAC

To: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>, <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CY9SS AND RAC
From: R Johnson <k1vu@tmlp.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 22:19:24 -0400
Hi Mike:
CY9SS is the callsign of the current (7JUN05 to 7JUL05) DXpedition on
St. Paul's Island located in the Gulf of St Lawrence, north of Nova Scotia.

There will be another DXpedition, CY0AA, between 27JUL05 and 3AUG05 on
Sable Island which is E.S.E. of Nova Scotia.

CY9 and CY0 are the prefixes assigned by the Canadian Government.
Normally they are considered separate DXCC entities, but during the
RAC "Canada Day" and the RAC "Winter Contest", they are designated an
part of Nova Scotia using the "NS" multiplier.

If you Google CY9SS or CY0AA, you will be able to see some of the hardships
these operators have to overcome. Also you will find quite a bit of interesting
history on these two Islands.

Hope this answers your question.

73
Bob, K1VU