Re: [ct-user] CT Networking

To: "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@comcast.net>, <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT Networking
From: Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:31:27 -0400
At 10/13/2005 10:11 AM, Ted Bryant wrote:
>At K4JNY's contest station, we are wanting to use CT-Win and set up for a
>multi-single effort for
>the CQ WW SSB(3 operating positions and computers). But, CT-Win will not work
>with K4JNY's DVP.
>With CT-DOS the DVP works fine.  So we are faced with a dilema.
>
>1-Stay with an ethernet network and CT-Win and try to find a dvk to work on
>the run station

There are some programs that will allow you to use the sound card as a voice
keyer.  You can search around for one, I do not know of any personally.  The
DVP is not supported under CTWin.

>2-Run CT-dos and go to an RS232 serial link network between the three computers

That is an option that will work.

>3-Run CT-dos for the run station, CT-Win on the others (note: in trying this,
>we've not been
>successful getting dos drivers for the ethernet card)

Yes, you need the DOS drivers for the ethernet card to make this work.
Usually, the DOS drivers are shipped on the CD or floppy that came with the
card.  If not, you can search the internet.  If the card is generic, sometimes
the 3C90x type drivers will work.

>Is it possible to run a serial link between, say, stn #1 and stn #2 and
>ethernet between stations 2
>and 3 but still have them all communicate?

Yes, you can run K1TTT's TSR for the ethernet and a COMTSR to connect to the
DOS computer.

>Ideas? Recommendations?

Aside from getting the ethernet drivers, I guess I would go with the mixed Com
and ethernet networking.