Re: [ct-user] CT WIN IBM Thinkpad CW LPT question

To: "'Mike K7Cf'" <k7cf@msn.com>, <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT WIN IBM Thinkpad CW LPT question
From: "John Bednar" <k3ct@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 06:31:19 -0500
Mike,

The printer port needs to be configured as a non-bidirectional type.

I don't believe changing it in the Windows printer menu will make it
work.

I believe you will find that you need to go into the system bios and
change the LPT mode configuration. Each company has their own
wording. Sometimes it's called a AT-Compatible mode. The standard
address is correct.

One laptop I used had an error the menu wording. I tried all three
bios options as I suggested below and found that is only worked with
one of the bi-directional modes.

John
k3ct@verizon.net