Re: [ct-user] CT WIN IBM Thinkpad CW LPT question

To: Mike K7Cf <k7cf@msn.com>, ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT WIN IBM Thinkpad CW LPT question
From: VE2RYY <ve2ryy@globetrotter.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 07:10:42 -0500
From: "Mike K7Cf" <k7cf@msn.com>
To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 00:32
Subject: [ct-user] CT WIN IBM Thinkpad CW LPT question

> Thanks for the tip.
> I verifed the LPT port prints, so that is working, I can print with no
problem.
> I downloaded the Thinkpad configuration from "Levano" website and selected
the parallel port and the various options, it takes a boot for them to take
effect. Can you tell me what is the "Normal settings" of the LPT port for CT
WIN to work? The automatic 0378-037F I/O range, IRQ 07 on the resouces
screen, automatic settings, no conflicts. Port Settings use any interupt
assigned to the port. LPT1. Still cannot see any fluxuation in line 18, 17,
or 1. Pin 1 has 5 volts, Pin 17 does not change, Pin 18 is GND. I tried
changing the resource setting to 0001 to IP Range 0278-027F used by ISAPNP
Read Data port, no soap. Here again, the printer works fine.