Re: [ct-user] CW functions

To: "wv2b@juno.com" <wv2b@juno.com>, ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CW functions
From: Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:41:05 -0400
The last you wrote, you said you were going to get a parallel keying interface.
 Buying a 9 to 25 pin adapter doesn't make a serial keying interface into a
parallel one.   Parallel interfaces will only come with a 25 pin connector,
serial interfaces come with either a 9 or 25 pin connector.  If you are using
CTWin, serial CW keying is not supported, you must use the parallel port for CW
keying.  If you are using CT DOS, then you can use either the serial (COM1,
COM2, etc.) or parallel (LPT1, LPT2, etc.) ports.  The actual keying circuit
built in to a parallel or serial keying cable is virtually identical, they are
just connected to different pins and possibly expect different voltage levels.
or polarities.