Re: [ct-user] Freq passing, window size

To: "CT Reflector" <ct-user@contesting.com>, k3ct@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Freq passing, window size
From: "Robert A. Wilson" <n6tv@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 16:51:13 -0800
On 12/9/06, John Bednar <k3ct@verizon.net> wrote:

> Laptop screen: The laptop display quality is dependent on how well
> the video chipset supports the 50 line mode. Some Savage video
> chipsets are known to have problems because they don't support this
> mode very well. I use a Dell D600 with the upgraded video option
> with CTWin and it looks just like my desktop in the 50 line
> character mode. My IBM T21 is unusable with CT 50 line character
> mode. I use CTWin on this laptop in the Windowed mode and change the
> font size.

If the problem is that the ThinkPad T21 only uses a small center portion of
the screen when in 50-line mode, try installing the ThinkPad Utilties for
DOS from

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4ZFPEG

Then type PS2 HVEXP ON or equivalent.

Command Syntax : PS2  HVEXPansion  ON|OFf
Current State  : ON
Description    : Select 'ON' to display 640 by 480 resolution screen on the
SVGA LCD.

If you have a different model of IBM ThinkPad with the same problem,
download the equivalent utility for your model from

http://www.lenovo.com/support/us

73,
Bob, N6TV