Re: [ct-user] CT for DOS on an HP 200LX

To: CT-User@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT for DOS on an HP 200LX
From: Ken Kaplan <wb2art@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:42:56 -0500
Hi Tom...
The HP 200LX is a small Palmtop computer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_200Lx
is a good explanation.

Basically, a small handheld computer, with a real (small) keyboard.
Has a 2032 backup battery, runs on 2 AA batteries. Operating system is
DOS 5.0. Basically, a real nice portable computer for contesting.
I don't need it to send cw messages (I can use my Logi-keyer for that).
But for logging. it's perfect, better than schlepping a laptop. ANyway
the laptop I have won't run for more than 1.5 hrs on battery, this HP
200LX will run for at least 30 hours.

AS I said, I can probably run CT for DOS. I just want to find someone
who has 'done it', so I can avoid any pitfalls.

Take care Tom
73
Ken WB2ART