NA Program non-NA bug

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: NA Program non-NA bug
From: DAP14@infoctr.chrysler.com (DAP14@infoctr.chrysler.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 96 16:50:01 EST
There has been some messages on the reflector concerning NA 9.26's inability
to log non-NA DX stations in the NAQP (also affects NA Sprint).  I encountered
this problem while using a pre-release beta version of the next NA during NAQP
CW a couple weeks ago.  I have checked the old versions and found that 9.24,
9.25, and 9.26 have this bug.

As N4BP correctly observed, you can simply load your recent NAQP files into a
older version to print logs or prepare an electronic entry.  Another way would
be to simply log the DX as a non-multiplier so the score is correct, then
edit the .LOG or .PRN file prior to submission or printing.

The new NA version I referred to has this bug fixed.  I apologize for this
problem, because I know it drives the users crazy to have a feature get
broken in a new release.  If anyone needs an older version to process a log
from the recent NAQPs, contact K3LR or the LTA BBS.  I will ask Tim to make
an older version available for download.

We are always ready to hear about bug problems with NA.  Also, if you have
suggestions or ideas, please pass these on.  I won't promise that we will
implement every feature asked for, but many of NA features are the result of
user ideas.  The author (K8CC, that's me...) can be reached either by the NA-
user reflector, or directly at dap14@infoctr.chrysler.com.
73, Dave/K8CC

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org