Testing NA

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Testing NA
From: km9p@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, KM9P)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 20:23:14 -0400 (EDT)
I was involved with beta testing CT from version 1.something.  I can (I
believe Kenny would agree) tell you that much of the early success with CT
was due to cracker-jack team of beta-testers.  We used to call Kenny up on
the phone all of the time and give him bug reports and suggestions.  And
this was not just happening the week before the contest.  Also... in those
days we didn't have neat things like reflectors.  Just the phone.

I would suggest that if everyone on this reflector wants to see NA get
better, that they take it upon themselves to use it BEFORE the next contest.
Report bugs or suggestions here and let's all get behind it.  There is no
way you can expect Dave & Tim to find every little thing that goes wrong
with the program.  There are WAY too many features and variables to the
program now.

I suggest that you hook NA up just like you would for a contest.  Hook up
the radio, TNC, and whatever else you normally use.  Now operate the
contest.  Make up callsigns to come back to... pass them to other bands...
spot them on the cluster, edit previously logged Q's, etc...  Go through
every little scenario you can think of that happens during the contest.  If
everyone did this just a few times between now and October, we would have a
even-more-great program to use for CQWW.

My opinion... for what it's worth.

73

Bill, KM9P
| Contesting Online... The ultimate           |
| source of ham radio contest information     |
| http://www.contesting.com                   |

Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
Administrative requests:  na-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org
Questions:                owner-na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org