NA 10.03 in Field Day

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: NA 10.03 in Field Day
From: n8jec@netset.com (Mike Price)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 18:49:19 -0400 (EDT)
1022 QSOs on 40M with version 10.03 using Icom Radio control and CW
interface.  No crashes or "major" problems.  I did have the ARRL Section
list occasionally pop-up blank.  I then did a check call (F9) and then Alt+L
again and the list appeared normal.  Am trying to recreate exact scenario.
This happened maybe 3 or 4 times.  Not a bad problem, just an annoyance.

I do get a number of messages saying "Radio out of contest band" (or close
to that)as I spin the dial.  Occasionally this also causes the currently
selected band on NA to change, then change right back to the correct band.
I was using IC-736/CT-17 but the address in the radio has been changed to
match that of an IC-765 so my other older software will work with it (those
other versions do not recognize IC-736).  Again, not a bad problem, just an
annoyance.

Final comment/enhancement suggestion.  When doing an F8 (Check Partial) on a
callsign with a "?" in it, the "?" is not ignored when doing the check
partial (i.e. "N8JEC?" is not found in the log if "N8JEC" had indeed been
worked).  I found myself several times during FD sending a call in CW with
"?" in it and then doing a check partial as the CW was being sent.  The "?"
threw the partial check off.  Could NA be modified to ignore the "?"?

Otherwise, looks solid.  I wanted to try network link but had serial port
problems on 1 of the PCs so it ran stand-alone.

73
-Mike
Mike's Software Testing Philosphy:

If it works, its production.  If it doesn't, it was a good test.

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
Administrative requests:  na-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org