Loop Mode

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Loop Mode
From: whhendrick@dmacc.cc.ia.us (WILLIAM H HENDRICK)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 07:55:30 CST6CDT
The following was from K8CC:

> Bill,
>
> Yes, you must set up the port function, baud rate, irq, etc. in the
> configuration editor.  As I tried to explain, while in NA9 you did this
> in the NA program itself, the choices you make are only used for that
> particular log file.  In NA10, the same choices are made in the
> Configuration Editor and saved in NA.CFG.  In this way, you don't have
> to re-do the choices every time you create a new log file (do it once!).
>
> Let me know if I can help you get it running.  Like I said, I tried it
> at my house last night to ensure nothing got broke in NA10 and it worked
> fine (logged QSOs, etc.).  This should not be surprising - nothing changed
> in either the LINK or LOOP networking other than the new code to actually
> run the serial ports.
>
> 73, Dave/K8CC

We had already done every thing Dave had mentioned to get NA10 loop
to work but with no success. The last thing I tried was to delete the
QDF file we were testing with and start from new. So Sat morning
before FD we tried NA10 one last time. It worked!!! So I wonder what
happened. Did the test.QDF file have some information from NA9 still
in it? Well, it ran the whole FD without problems.

Thanks Dave for your help.

73, Bill WD0GVY at NC0P

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org