[na-user] RE: SS Logging

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] RE: SS Logging
From: Charles W. Shaw" <n5ul@wtaccess.com (Charles W. Shaw)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 18:00:34 -0700
Hello All:

Jim Brown wrote:

>After participating in the Sweepstakes this weekend with v.25, I have
>the following question:
>
>The logging field is layed out:
>
>Serial #       Precedence     Call       Check          Section
>
>However, the exchange invariably gets sent in the following order:
>
>Call      Serial#    Precedence     Check    Section
>

>That is, if you are cqing, then you will hear and enter the calling
>station's callsign first thing.  Then you send your info starting with the
>serial #.  Then copy the calling station's info, which always starts with
>the serial #.
>
>If you are S&Ping, then you will receive the info as in the above
>paragraph, having already filled in the cqing station's callsign in the
>first field.  Then you send your info, with the cqing station having
>already filled in your call in the callsign field.
>
>Am I missing an obvious difference why the field is layed out in a
>different order than it is sent and copied?  On every qso that I logged,
>I wished the field was layed out in the order that I was receiving it
>from the contact station.  As it was, I had to tab 3 times after copying
>the call to get to the next item received (serial #).

Justa suggestion--try using the spacebar (takes you to where the # goes),
then space again and double-check that you copied his call right then space
again and continue copying.  I don't work SS on SSB.  They do send their
call in its proper place after the Precedence don't they?

Best regards to all!

73, Charles

Charles W. Shaw, N5UL
Hobbs, NM (near the SE corner)