[na-user] SS Database

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] SS Database
From: Charles W. Shaw" <n5ul@wtaccess.com (Charles W. Shaw)
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 21:39:43 +0000
Hello all,

        Dave said, "I hate the idea of an SS database.  It rewards the poor op
who
can't copy . . .."
        I hope we don't get into this either.  With the super-check of my log
from
CW SS, I find that the "default" setting for the precedence got me into
trouble a few times.  When I get tired or rushed, I might not really pay
attention to what is sent for that.  I was about to ask if it can be
disabled.  We have to hit a key to get past it anyway, so one extra
keystroke (Q, A, or B) is no real problem.  That way we have to stay alert
and get it right--or the program would let us know and we could then
correct it.
        Some of the parts of a station's SS exchange are subject to change from
year to year and from CW to SSB.  (QTH changes, new amp, trying QRP, etc.)
I am afraid we might create a rather useless monster that could cause more
problems than it solves.  This doesn't even consider the work required to
keep the list(s) updated.
        I'd rather not.

73, Charles - N5UL