[na-user] Rig control puzzle

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Rig control puzzle
From: dap14@daimlerchrysler.com (dap14@daimlerchrysler.com)
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 13:34:14 -0400

Scott

The fact that CW keying works on all four ports is probably a clue that you
have IRQ problems.

Keep in mind that you CANNOT share IRQs to run NA.  Each port needs its own
address and IRQ.  Also, you can't count on "plug-and-play" under Windows to
set up the ports correctly for a DOS program?

Is COM1 shared with an on-board modem?

What you really need is a tool to verify IRQ settings *under DOS*.  FYI,
the Microsoft Diagnostics program (MSD.EXE) does NOT, repeat NOT, report
IRQs correctly for COM3 and COM4.  You might have to do some "trial and
error" to verify the IRQs.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering

"Scott Dickson, W5WZ" <W5WZ@arrl.net>@contesting.com on 10/06/2000 07:34:43