[na-user] Trouble with Change mode Ctrl F1 and F2

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Trouble with Change mode Ctrl F1 and F2
From: dap14@daimlerchrysler.com (dap14@daimlerchrysler.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:30:45 -0400

Vince,

The NA bandswitching keys work correctly in 10.49.  It sounds like you
might have the program set up to control a computerized radio when its
either not present or configured incorrectly.

Band switching works differently depending on whether or not a computerized
radio is connected.  With no radio, the NA band and mode keys directly tell
the program to switch bands.  When a digital radio is connected, NA simply
"follows" the frequency received from the radio (and hence the band).  To
bandswitch, NA commands the radio to go to a frequency in the new band,
then waits to get the new frequency back from the radio.  If the radio
never answers, NA does not change bands.

Go into the EQUIPMENT CONTROL PANEL (type EQUIPMENT in the callsign field
of the logging screen) and make sure RADIO#1 is not selected.  Exit with
saving of parameters by pressing Ctrl-Enter and the band switching keys
should be working.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering

VinceK6BIR@aol.com@contesting.com on 10/16/2000 10:13:15 PM