[na-user] Band map question NA1050

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Band map question NA1050
From: k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net> (k8cc)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 00:29:40 -0500
At 07:37 PM 10/30/00 -0500, Dan Kovatch wrote:

>In floating around and working mults in the assisted category I
>attempted to use the band map. It came up fine however, I could not
>'jump' into the band map with CTRL_right arrow. Am I missing something
>in the setup or did others experience this problem? I could grab and
>jump to the latest spot on the cluster by hitting ALT F4. The FT1000MP
>double memories make that interesting though!
>
>Dan W8CAR

The "point and shoot" (as Dan calls "jump into") works for the Announcement
Window (Alt-A) and for the Band Map when it is not in the "frequency
centered" display, but rather in the "start at the bottom of the band" (for
lack of a better term) display.

Coding point and shoot into the frequency centered display is a programming
quagmire.  I suppose it could be undertaken, but we've not really found the
need here.  Most of the ops here point and shoot from the announcements
window.  We've found the frequency centered band map to be most useful
avoiding dupes not signing their calls.

There are advantages to both types of band maps which have been discussed here.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com
http://datom.contesting.com