[na-user] NA Version 10.50

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] NA Version 10.50
From: k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net> (k8cc)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:38:00 -0500
At 12:01 AM 12/16/00 -0700, Milt Jensen,  ARS N5IA wrote:
>For Dave, K8CC, or anyone else with the answer.  I have tried the Practice
>mode and cannot make it work for the W1BB (Stew Perry) contest.  The
>Practice mode works for other contests.  Is the BB contest, with the Grid
>Squares as part of the report not supported in the Practice mode?

Milt,

As you've surmised, practice mode does not work for grid square
contests.  The reason was that it would be very complicated to make the
grid squares realistic, i.e., generating a valid grid square for a
randomly-generated callsign or vica versa.  It was my feeling that people
would gripe if they worked a VE7 in practice mode who handed out a grid
square from Zimbabwe!  Perhaps this is not important?

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com
http://datom.contesting.com