[na-user] na1050 10M log question

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] na1050 10M log question
From: k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net> (k8cc)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:43:34 -0500
At 08:35 AM 12/16/00 -0500, Dan Kovatch wrote:

>I had a weird experience after writing my log to disk. After the contest
>I hit ALT X and choose write log. All files appear to be okay. Here's
>the weirdness-If I load my 10 meter log in NA it indicates all my qsos
>and mults and score in teh scoring window but nothing appears in the NA
>log window as far as call signs or mults. All I see is hash marks where
>all the calls and mults should be? I have a backup log on a disk so I'm
>not really worried about loss of data but in the past I have always been
>able to load a contest to look over the log.

Dan,

Have you tried loading a different contest into NA; does the same thing occur?

Since the scoring window is correct as far as QSOs/mults/points are
concerned, it would appear that your log file is fine.  I would think its
more likely that the NA program (NA.EXE file) has been corrupted somehow.

Another thing to try is to run NAU, function F3 - .QDF View Utility to
check out your 10 meter log.  This is what .QDF view is for - to allow you
to inspect the raw data in your log.  Again, I'll bet its fine, lending
further credence to a problem in the NA.EXE file instead.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com
http://datom.contesting.com