[na-user] Keying an MP

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Keying an MP
From: Ron Wetjen <wd4ahz@gte.net> (Ron Wetjen)
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 00:52:24 +0000
Have been using the LPT CW interface described in the NA manual to key
my TS-930 ... using pins 1, 17, and 18.  For the 930, used a mono-phono
plug, the pin 1 and 17 combo went to the tip, and pin 18 to ground.
Don't need the PTT lines, since I'm not using an amp.  This setup worked
fine on a 930 and a 450 just last weekend.

Just upgraded to an MP, and now can't get the interface to key the rig.
Switched to a 3 contact stereo plug, and using the same configuration,
I'm getting a string of dits when I connect the pin 1 and 17 combo to
the pin or a string of dashes when I connect to the ring.

Tried a N3JT CW interface, and I'm getting a string of "di-dahs" with
that!!

This can't be that difficult to figure out, but it's got me whipped!

Anyone using the LPT CW interface or N3JT interface and clue me in to
the proper connections to key the rig?

Thanks, Ron

WWW:                      http://datom.contesting.com/