[na-user] NAQSL

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] NAQSL
From: k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net> (k8cc)
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 22:37:41 -0400
At 02:05 AM 6/5/01 +0100, don.chisholm@home.com wrote:
>When tagging QSO's by "QSL Bureau" it seems that S5 and 9A are not tagged.
>It's no big deal - I can tag them by country with a few keystrokes.
>However, I wouldn't know QSL Bureau protocol if it clunked me over the head.
>Is there not any S5 or 9A bureau, or is NAQSL confused?  Or am I confused?

If you look at the COUNTRY.DAT file with a text editor, you'll see that
certain of the country entries have an asterisk (*) in column 32, which is
after the country name (ends in a ":") and before the ITU zone
fields.  This asterisk denotes a country the Outgoing ARRL QSL Bureau will
send cards to.  This * provides NAQSL with the capability to "tag bureau
QSOs" only so that the user can, in two simple steps , whip up a batch of
labels for a bureau-only shipment.

Many years ago, when this capability was first added to NAQSL, I went
through and marked all of the bureaus the ARRL would send to.  I've not
gone back and checked this since then.  Some user could perform a useful
service by downloading the latest COUNTRY.DAT file and updating the bureau
information and sending it to me.  I'll see that it gets to AD1C who will
hopefully update it.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com