[NA-User] Screen Colours

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] Screen Colours
From: dap14@daimlerchrysler.com (dap14@daimlerchrysler.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:52:16 -0400

                    "G3SJJ"

                    <g3sjj@btinternet.       To:     "NA Reflector"
<NA-USER@contesting.com>
                    com>                     cc:

                    Sent by:                 Subject:     [NA-User] Screen
Colours
                    na-user-admin@cont

                    esting.com

                    08/30/2001 11:49

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    "G3SJJ"

Anyone know how to change the Mults colour in the  Announce window? My eyes
just don't like that pinky colour.

73 Chris G3SJJ

Chris,

Actually the color is "bright red", however I agree it appears pink against
the cyan background.

At the moment, this color is not changeable.  Originally, all the spots
were black, with differentiation by dupe or mult status provided by the
spot filtering algorithm which regulates whether the spot is visible.  When
people asked for color coding of the spots, we simply hard-coded "bright
red on cyan" as the "new mult" color, in conjunction with NA's "window
highlight" (default bright white on cyan) and "window normal" (default
black on cyan) colors.

We'll look into making the mults color adjustable, however this has a
number of impacts.  The color choices are stored in the NA.CFG file, so we
need to make room for more color data.  Plus, we'll have to modify the
"pick colors" table in CONFIG.EXE since it fills the screen right now.  One
option might be to hard code another less important color (like perhaps the
opening screens?) into NA and allow use that color for the mult color.

73,

Dave/K8CC

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.