[NA-User] No auto split op?

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] No auto split op?
From: k8cc@mediaone.net (k8cc)
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 22:14:03 -0500
At 12:01 AM 10/29/01 +0000, alsopb wrote:
>Re: V10.53/FT1000MP
>
>Any way to automatically have NA pick up the split freq from spots and
>automatically put it into VFO B?  It also does not seem to report the
>split when you announce a spot.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no "official" format for the split
data in a spot coming from a cluster.  Without a standard format, it is
difficult (if not impossible) to parse out the data reliably.

>One doesn't even have the split freq displayed anywhere most of the
>time to enter it manually.  Ears are necessary I guess.

One problem is that many radios don't indicate to NA that they are in split
mode.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com