Re: [NA-User] Using NA for IARU M/S this weekend

To: na-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [NA-User] Using NA for IARU M/S this weekend
From: "David A. Pruett" <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:47:30 -0400
Scott,

Ctrl-Enter will send a callsign to the announcements list and band map, sort of like a "self-generated spot". However, this is not passed around the network so that it would appear on other computers. This would not be too hard to add.

I am not sure that this will assist all that much in what you're trying to do (manage bandswitching in a m/s). We've done this contest multi-op many times from K8CC with essentially the setup you describe. Radio1 is running on one band, while Radio2 is S&Ping for mults on one of the others. The Radio1 computer usually has the spot filter narrowed up to show only spots on his band, so he can make decisions to chase in-band QSOs with VFOB while running on VFOA. Passing the running op stations on other bands is a distraction.

Our experience has been that it falls on the Radio2 op to assess the mults he's seeing (on the non-run bands) and offer a recommendation to the Radio1 op to change bands. This requires interaction between the ops; either via a "tap on the shoulder" or Alt-G. At K8CC the two positions are right next to each other (with the rotators and antenna switching in the middle) so it's easy to do.

Dave/K8CC