Re: [NA-User] Using NA for IARU M/S this weekend

To: "David A. Pruett" <k8cc@comcast.net>, na-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [NA-User] Using NA for IARU M/S this weekend
From: "Bob Pack, NX5M" <nx5m@txcyber.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:03:21 -0500
On radio 2 I think all you can do now is SEARCH but not pounce if I read
the rules correctly.  It has been a few years since I did a multi in IARU
and it seems the rules have changed a bit.  To me, the best you can do with
a 2nd radio is map a band and be ready to take over when the radio 1 op
gives it to you.  IF I am incorrect on this let me know.
And yes, intrastation band mapping is something that I brought up about a
year ago........that would be good.
See you all this weekend.

73,
Bob NX5M

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:47:30 -0400, "David A. Pruett" <k8cc@comcast.net>
wrote :

> Scott,
>
> Ctrl-Enter will send a callsign to the announcements list and band map,
> sort of like a "self-generated spot".  However, this is not passed around
> the network so that it would appear on other computers.  This would not
be
> too hard to add.
>
> I am not sure that this will assist all that much in what you're trying
> do (manage bandswitching in a m/s).  We've done this contest multi-op
many
> times from K8CC with essentially the setup you describe.  Radio1 is
running
> on one band, while Radio2 is S&Ping for mults on one of the others.  The
> Radio1 computer usually has the spot filter narrowed up to show only
spots
> on his band, so he can make decisions to chase in-band QSOs with VFOB
while
> running on VFOA.  Passing the running op stations on other bands is a
> distraction.
>
> Our experience has been that it falls on the Radio2 op to assess the
mults
> he's seeing (on the non-run bands) and offer a recommendation to the
Radio1