Re: [NA-User] TS830, NA, & WIN98

To: "Hoeft, Roger V" <roger.hoeft@intergraph.com>,na-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [NA-User] TS830, NA, & WIN98
From: "David A. Pruett" <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:53:28 -0500
Roger,

I'm assuming that from your comment (the laptop (Compaq NC6000) is so new that WIN98 is not supported) that you ran the O/S which came on the laptop, which was almost certainly WinXP (Home or Pro).

XP does not allow legacy DOS programs access to the computer hardware, so most, if not all reports have been that features like keying and such cannot be made to work. If I am wrong, perhaps one of the XP wizards here on the reflector can enlighten us.

73,

Dave/K8CC